You are here
Simplenews publishes and sends newsletters to lists of subscribers. Both anonymous and authenticated users can opt-in to different mailing lists. HTML email can be send by adding Mime Mail module.
Simplenews 6.x supports multilingual newsletters (i18n) and actions/triggers.
New maintainer for simplenews
Sutharsan, the previous maintainer decided to quit simplenews maintainership by August 23rd.
Miro Dietiker of MD Systems will take over maintainership for future.
If simplenews is critical for your business, please contact me and support development. Also if you like to join the simplenews maintainer team, don't hesitate to contact me anyway. I'm looking forward to hear from you soon!
The following modules work with simplenews:
- Simplenews Content Selection
- Simplenews Template
- Simplenews Roles
- Simplenews Digest
- Simplenews on register
- Simplenews Scheduler
- Simplenews Subscription Manager
- Simplenews Analytics
- Simplenews Statistics
- Simplenews Bounce (under development)
During August and September 2008, I held a survey to determine how Simplenews is used and what new functionality is desired. I published the results on my blog.
Drupal 6 development
Simplenews RC6 is now available (no more predictions whether this will be the last before the 6.x-1.0 release). The code is stable and new features are already available in the HEAD release. Keep on testing!
Before reporting an issue always test with the latest 6.x-1.x-dev release to see if you problem has already been fixed.
1. Simplenews is not compatible with Content Taxonomy where Content Taxonomy is used as newsletter taxonomy field. See this issue.
2. Using Poormanscron can cause simplenews to send multiple copies of the same email to the same recipient. Therefore I strongly advise against using Poormanscron.. Use cron(tab) and cron.php instead. See this issue.
The module maintainer is available for paid Simplenews customization and service.