You are here
#D7CX: I pledge that rules will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
The rules modules allows site administrators to define conditionally executed actions based on occurring events (known as reactive or ECA rules). It's a replacement with more features for the trigger module in core and the successor of the workflow-ng module.
• Send customized mails to notify your users about important changes
• Build flexible content publishing workflows
• Create custom redirections, system messages, breadcrumbs, ..
• And a lot more....
Modules may use the rules module's API to provide new events, conditions, actions, rule sets as well as default rules, which can be customized by users. Users can share their customizations by using the built-in import/export feature.
• Flexible scheduling system
• Modular input evaluation system - for example the Token module and use every action.
• The module has been developed with site performance in mind, so it makes use of diverse caching routines to speed up rule evaluation.
To get token replacements in your actions, install the latest release(6.x-1.12 or later) of the Token module. For a 5.x version have a look at workflow-ng, as the rules module is the improved 6.x version of it. Rules supports upgrading from workflow-ng, read UPGRADE.txt.
Development on github, this is automatically synchronized with Drupal.org CVS.