You are here
Privatemsg allows your site's visitors to send private messages to each other. Perfect for community oriented sites, such as forums and social networking sites.
- send and receive private messages on a site (between multiple recipients);
- threaded conversations (make it easier to keep track of messages and replies);
- search private messages;
- tagging and filtering (helps organise conversations);
- user blocking;
- e-mail notifications of new messages;
Need a feature or want to get involved?
Development is progressing quickly, so if there's a feature you need in Privatemsg, Search issues in the Issues for Privatemsg section to the left, or explore the links under Development below.
Privatemsg 6.x-1.x is the current "stable" branch
If you are interested in a stable and tested version of Privatemsg, use the latest stable 1.x release. No new features will be added to this branch and the API and UI is stable and will not be changed.
Privatemsg 6.x-2.x is the development branch
New features are being added constantly to this branch, use this if you want to test these and help with development. #721974: Roadmap for 6.x-2.x
6.x-2.x has many new features, including (but not limited to):
- Sending messages to roles and support for other recipient types, for example user relationships (#728552: Send private message to all friends) and organic groups (planned);
- Rules integration;
- Attachments (Allows to add files to private messages, similiar to what upload.module is for nodes);
- Removing messages from the inbox;
- Configurable support to display send message to author links on nodes and comments;
- Users can disable private messaging and manage blocked users;
Privatemsg 7.x-1.x is the development branch for Drupal 7
Contains all new features of 6.x-2.x with the following exceptions and/or additions:
- Instead of attachments, private messages are fieldable and any number and combination of fields can be added to them;
- Rules integration is still being worked on: #327938: Rules Integration
- Advanced token support: #511796: Support tokens in private messages
Privatemsg 5.x support discontinued
Privatemsg 5.x is not maintained, no features nor bugfixes will be added.
#D7CX: I pledge that Privatemsg will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
The current maintainer can also be contacted for paid customizations of this module.