You are here
This is a collection of modules to extend Drupal core multilingual capabilities and be able to build real life multilingual sites. Some features:
- Taxonomy translation (both, per language terms and translatable terms)
- Multilingual variables
- Multilingual blocks (control visibility per language and translate title and content)
- Language selection (when you switch the site language you'll see only the content for that language)
Read a complete feature overview in the new Internationalization handbook.
- Internationalization Views, translate some Views properties (new project for i18nviews module)
- Internationalization UI, simple UI, on-page translation, for small sites (WIP)
- Language Icons, will add icons to language links for nodes and blocks.
- Translation Overview, to have a comprehensive view of your content translation status.
- Localization Client, will allow on screen translation for user defined strings (Will work with i18n 5.x-3-x or with 6.x-1-beta3, Patch pending for 6.x version)
Other related modules you may like
- Language Switcher Dropdown, provides a new block with the language switcher as a drop down field.
- Active Translation, shows original language version of content in listings, if content has no translation yet.
- tContact, make the site-wide contact form fully translatable.
- I18n Logo, upload different logos for each languages defined in your site.
- Taxonomy Block, displays (translated) taxonomy in block.
- Preserve language, tweaks the language links to provide independent content and interface languages.
- Consistent Language Interface, provides an alternate language switching block.
- Translation table, UI for quick translation of taxonomies and menus.
- Translation Access, provides per-language access control for creating and updating nodes.
- Menu Translation, provides an alternate UI for translating menu items
- Translation 404, produces 404 pages (page not found error) when content has no translation yet.
- Select translation, provides an advanced language filter for views.
- i18nRedirect, for backward compatibility with i18n 5.x path aliases behavior
- Migrate i18n, allows multilingual content to be imported using the migrate module.
The module development and documentation is sponsored by Development Seed
Drupal 6 Upgrade
The Internationalization package has been fully reworked to work seamlessly with Drupal 6 multilingual features. Modules have been renamed and moved around and there are some new ones. Before upgrading your site, do read the Internationalization Upgrade handbook page.
Drupal 5 users
If you are using / considering to use Internationalization 5.x versions, please read #626858: Internationalization 5.x Maintenance Policy. Approaching end of support.
Looking for / providing professional support for these modules? Check out #629688: Looking for / offering professional support for Internationalization