You are here
The Imagefield module is a CCK field specifically for image files. You can upload your image right to the node and get it to display within your node, and even a View. When using the Imagecache module and Views combined, you can create your own CCK image gallery. You can also create with categories with the core Taxonomy module, and even thumbnails for your images if you use the Thickbox module. Imagefield is being added to Drupal 7 core!
ImageField provides an image upload field for CCK. ImageField is a CCK-based alternative to the legacy Image project. It boasts features such as multiple images per node, resolution restrictions, default images, and extensive Views support.
ImageField does not provide a built-in thumbnail solution, but complements the incredibly powerful thumbnail generation module ImageCache.
ImageField related projects
- ImageCache - Dynamic thumbnail generation.
- ImageField Extended - Add additional data to images other than the default Description, Title and Alt.
- ImageField Crop - An AJAX crop on upload tool for ImageField.
- Image FUpload - Bulk image uploader
- ImageField 6.x depends on the CCK and FileField modules.
- ImageField 5.x depends on the CCK and ImageAPI modules.
- Image.module - Imagefield is not compatible with image.module content types. If you add an imagefield CCK field to the image type provided by image module, image module will delete all the imagefield images on every node update.
#D7CX: ImageField is being added to Drupal 7 core! So you don't need a version of it in Drupal 7.