You are here
Yet another node access module.
This module allows you to manage permissions for content types by role and author. It allows you to specifiy custom view, edit and delete permissions for each content type. Optionally you can enable per content access settings, so you can customize the access for each content node.
- it comes with sensible defaults, so you need not configure anything and everything stays working
- it is as flexible as you want. It can work with per content type settings, per content node settings as well as with flexible Access Control Lists.
it trys to reuse existing functionality instead of reimplementing it. So one can install the ACL module and set per user access control settings per content node.
Furthermore the module provides conditions and actions for workflow-ng / rules, which allows one to configure even rule-based access permissions.
- it optimizes the written content node grants, so that only the really necessary grants are written. This is important for the performance of your site.
- it takes access control as important as it is. E.g. the module has a bunch of simpletests to ensure everything is working right.
So the module is simple to use, but can be configured to provide really fine-grained permissions!
New for the Drupal 6 version:
- it respects and makes use of drupal's built in permissions as far as possible. Which means the access control settings provided by this module takes them into account and provides you a good overview about the really applied access control settings for a content type or content node - on just one screen! Read more about the drupal 6 version here.