You are here
Administration Menu is one of the most useful modules for any Drupal webmaster. Because of this, you will find it to be on the top or near the top of any top 10 Drupal module list. It brings all of the most important sections of the back-end of the Drupal server together with an easy to navigate CSS menu.
All Drupal Webmasters, Admins, and Moderators will want to pick this module up for your Drupal server. It is always the first module I install to cut down the time it takes to do everything else on a new Drupal server install, or to modify an existing server install.
Administration menu module provides a theme-independent administration interface (aka.
back-end) for Drupal. It's a helper for novice Drupal users coming from other CMS, a real time-saver for Drupal site administrators, and definitely a must for Drupal developers and site builders (keyword: Devel integration).
The module renders all administrative menu items below 'administer' in a clean, attractive and purely CSS-based menu at the top of your website. It contains not only regular menu items - local tasks are also included, giving you extremely fast access to any administrative resource and function your Drupal installation provides.
Drupal exposed! Administering, developing, and working with Drupal has never been that fast, easy and concise.
Showcase and Quality Assurance
- Test-drive in various themes on the Administration menu showcase site or watch a short demo reel (better replacements welcome!).
Behaviour and Integration
- Administration menu works in any theme and all browsers and gracefully falls back to pure CSS positioning.
- The entire menu tree below "Administer" including all invisible local tasks is exposed, so you have direct access to any page you want.
The menu is absolute positioned at the top of the window, but can optionally be positioned
- Administration menu can be enhanced by other modules. Integration with Devel module is provided out of the box.
- The administration menu icon is themeable.
- 3.x: Cutting-edge client-side caching ensures a minimal performance impact.
- This module is intended for administrative users - not for regular or anonymous site users. For such use-cases, try SimpleMenu, Nice Menus, or DHTML Menu.
- Please see current README.txt.
- Make sure to grant the "access administration menu" and "access administration pages" user permissions.
- The "Administer" menu item must be enabled, but may reside in a different menu than "Navigation".
Make sure your theme outputs
$closure. If the administration menu is not displayed, please consult the README.txt first.
This project has been sponsored by:
Specialized in consulting and development of Drupal powered sites, our services include installation, development, theming, customization, and hosting to get you started. Visit http://www.unleashedmind.com for more information.
Friendly Drupal experts providing professional consulting & education services. Visit http://www.lullabot.com for more information.
Commercially Supported Drupal. Visit http://acquia.com for more information.
#D7CX: I pledge that this module will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.