You are here
#D7CX: I pledge that Organic Groups will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
Enable users to create and manage their own 'groups'. Each group can have subscribers, and maintains a group home page where subscribers communicate amongst themselves.
They do so by posting the usual node types: blog, story, page, etc. A block is shown on the group home page which facilitates these posts. The block also provides summary information about the group.
Groups may be selective or not. Selective groups require approval in order to become a member, or even invitation -only groups. There are lots of preferences to configure groups as you need.
Groups get their own theme, language, taxonomy, and so on. Integrates well and depends upon Views module
Developers - this module exercises the node access API thoroughly. You may want to study it for guidance.
- https://community.openatrium.com/home - intranet
- http://groups.drupal.org - discussion portal
- http://www.popsugar.com/community/groups - social network
- http://www.lollishops.com/ - multi-vendor e-commerce platform based on OG
- http://www.fastcompany.com/groups - publishing
- http://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions - support
- http://www.symantec.com/community/usergroups - support
Drupal 7 core issue that need to be solved for OG to work properly:
#629484: Add entity 'label' key info (e.g. title on node)
#806830: Dynamic (i.e. not cached) alter hook to instance definitions
#818418: Notices on language negotiation callback when trying to force a full bootstrap
# #799856: Upgrade for Notifications 6.x-4.x was committed, and needs messaging and notifications 4.x version. Note thast messaging module is now dependent on the autoload module.