You are here
Flag is a flexible flagging system that is completely customizable by the administrator. Using this module, the site administrator can provide any number of flags for nodes, comments, or users. Some possibilities include bookmarks, marking important, friends, or flag as offensive. With extensive views integration, you can create custom lists of popular content or keep tabs on important content.
Flags may be per-user, meaning that each user can mark an item individually, or global, meaning that the item is either marked or it is not marked, and any user who changes that changes it for everyone.
In this way, additional flags (similar to published and sticky) can be put on nodes, or other items, and dealt with by the system however the administration likes.
This was previously known as Views Bookmark.
- Create unlimited arbitrary flags or bookmarks to flag content
- Extensive Views integration to make lists of popular flagged content
- Full support for Tokens in all messages and labels
- Execute Actions when content is flagged past a certain threshold (Actions is now included in Drupal 6 core with no additional modules, requires 2.x version in Drupal 5)
- Full Rules module integration
- Limit flag display by content type and roles
- Optionally show each flag as a checkbox on the node form
Each flag provides data to the Views module, and provides a default view to list 'my bookmarks'. The default views are basic, but are easily tailored to whatever the system administrator would like them to do.
The module will come installed with a simple bookmark and two sample views for 'My bookmarks' both as a stand-alone page at "bookmarks", and a page for each user as a tab under their profile at user/x/bookmarks.
Recommended Flag-related Projects
- Views: Create lists of flagged content.
- Flag Weights: Add weights to Flags to make items orderable.
- Flag Friend: A pre-built flag for marking other users as friends with Flag.
- Flag Abuse: A pre-built flag for marking offensive content, plus administrative features.
- Flag Terms: Adds the ability to flag taxonomy terms.
Note that most Flag add-on modules are not compatible with the 2.x version of Flag unless they explicitly state that they have been updated.
Upgrading from Views Bookmark
This module is a port of the Views Bookmark module. A list of API changes and upgrade instructions may be found on the handbook page for upgrading to Flag from Views Bookmark.
Version 2.0 Information
The next version of Flag is in the works, including the following additional features:
- Flagging for anonymous users (even with page caching enabled). Requires Session API.
- Import/Export support.
- Faster table indexes and schema.
- Services module integration.
- Activity 2 module integration.
- More powerful trigger and actions integrations.
- Flag access controls (flag only others/own content) and access API.
You should only use the 2.0 beta versions if you are creating a new site and absolutely require one of the above new features. After upgrading to the 2.0 version, you cannot downgrade to the 1.1 version. You can always upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0 at any time.
Written by Earl Miles, Nate Haug, and Mooffie.
#D7CX: I pledge that Flag will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
The 'dev' version for Drupal 7 can be downloaded here.