You are here
This module provides a CCK field type for referencing taxonomy terms.
The fields are independent from vocabulary settings. For every field you can specify following settings:
- widget type (see list below)
- general CCK settings (label, description, fieldgroup, weight, single/multiple, required, ...)
- the vocabulary to use
- further settings for hierarchical vocabularies, like the depth of the tree or a parent term for sub-trees
- storage settings: storage is done in the CCK tables. But for many modules it's necessary, that the saved values are also available to the core Taxonomy system. In this case it's possible to save values additionally to the core taxonomy database table. (Drupal 6)
- widget-specific settings
Content Taxonomy is going to hide all form fields from the core Taxonomy module from vocabularies, which are handled by a Content Taxonomy field (since Beta 6).
At the moment there are following widgets available:
- Select lists
- Radio Buttons / Checkboxes (depending if single or multiple field)
- Autocompletes (supports Active Tags)
- Hierarchical Select
- Activeselect (Drupal 5 only)
- Taxonomy Tree - requires the Taxonomy Manager (Drupal 6 only)
A good comparison between the different CCK/Taxonomy Modules is available here.
Drupal 7 and Content Taxonomy:
Taxonomy Term Fields are in core of Drupal 7. This already implements the basics of Content Taxonomy :-) . My plans for Content Taxonomy in Drupal 7 are to extend the Taxonomy Term Fields with more options and to provide some more cool widgets, but porting has no priority for me yet.
Note: active development is only done for the 6.x branch! 5.x is not supported any more